If you currently have these thoughts, you might be in a state of disbelief:
- “This can't be happening to me.”
- “They made a mistake, they can't run this place without me.”
- “I know that they are going to call me back in a few weeks.”
- “What will I tell people?”
Here are some things that you can do to help move through this stage in your loss:
- Give yourself time to process your loss.
- This is not the time to make major life and career decisions.
- Control the impulse to say or do something you might regret.
- Apply for unemployment insurance , if you are eligible.