NOVA is a nonprofit, federally funded employment and training agency that provides customer-focused workforce development services. We work closely with local businesses, educators, and job seekers to ensure that our programs provide opportunities that build the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to address the workforce needs of Silicon Valley.
Vision / Mission / Purpose
NOVA's vision is to be an effective partner in providing innovative, high quality, customer-focused workforce development services to build a better community.
NOVA's mission is to be a leader in delivering employment and training services that:
- facilitate skill development and career mobility;
- align with and are of value to our business community; and
- enhance people's ability to live and work in Silicon Valley.
NOVA's purpose is to support workforce mobility by easing workers' transitions from opportunity to opportunity throughout their career cycles. To advance transitions with economic sustainability, NOVA provides:
- real-time labor market information about in-demand skills;
- skill-building and enhancements to match market demand;
- navigation tools for the ever-changing and entrepreneurial new labor market;
- advocacy for necessary infrastructure to support workers between opportunities, such as unemployment
- insurance for all, and portable benefits; and
- interconnected support system for multiple career pathways for youth.
NOVA is directed by the NOVA Workforce Board, which works on behalf of a consortium of eight jurisdictions, composed of the County of San Mateo, and the Santa Clara County cities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Milpitas, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale.
NOVA services for job seekers and businesses include:
- NOVA Job Centers
- Job-search workshops
- Programs for job seekers
- Youth@Work job database and other services for youth
- Labor market information
- Staffing and recruitment assistance
- Pre-layoff assistance and outplacement services
- Employee training and retention services
- Professional development programs
NOVA partners with a great number of organizations in order to provide local job seekers with customized employment and training solutions.
I want to thank the staff for the LinkedIn training…I was contacted by two recruiters within 48 hours of my update. Thanks to everyone for your continued support! Best of luck to everyone!