NOVA is a nonprofit, federally funded employment and training agency that provides customer-focused workforce development services. We work closely with local businesses, educators, and job seekers to ensure that our programs provide opportunities that build the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to address the workforce needs of Silicon Valley.
To be an effective partner in providing innovative, high quality, customer-focused workforce development services to build a better community
To be a leader in delivering employment and training services that:
- facilitate skill development and career mobility;
- align with and are of value to our business community; and
- enhance people’s ability to live and work in Silicon Valley
NOVA’s purpose is to support workforce mobility by easing workers’ transitions from opportunity to opportunity throughout their career cycles. To advance transitions with economic sustainability, NOVA provides:
- real-time labor market information about in-demand skills;
- skill-building and enhancements to match market demand;
- navigation tools for the ever-changing and entrepreneurial new labor market;
- advocacy for necessary infrastructure to support workers between opportunities, such as unemployment insurance for all and portable benefits; and
- interconnected support system for multiple career pathways for youth.