Visit the CONNECT Job Seeker Center to become a member of CONNECT. Click here to learn how to register for membership. There is no cost and you will be able to access the resources and services you need for a successful job search or to explore career opportunities.
Services available at the CONNECT Job Seeker Center include:
- Career Advising
Career advisors are available to meet with you for one-on-one job-search assistance. Advisors can help you with your résumé, interview preparation, and career research.
- Ask the Career Advisor
Have a question for an advisor but don't think you need a full 1-on-1 meeting? This group session offered daily is your opportunity to drop-in and have your questions answered.
Job Search Workshops
- Advice Line
Have a quick question for an advisor and can't get to the CONNECT center? Call NOVA's Career Advising Services main line at 408-730-7667 and press '3' to leave a message with your question.
Check the CONNECT calendar for a schedule of the workshops that are free and available on a first-come basis. There are more than 20 workshops to assist job seekers in learning how to navigate the job-search process from gaining a clear focus, to writing a résumé, job searching, interviewing, and negotiating a job offer.
Are you considering a career change? Need to clarify what you want in a career? Need to energize or focus your job search?
Our career assessment process uses well-researched assessment tools and a highly interactive workshop to help you identify your skills, interests, values and personality. You’ll walk away from the process with the ability to:
Classes are offered on computers running Windows 7 operating system.
- interpret your assessment results;
- explore possible career choices; and
- improve your job search.
ProveIt! is an online assessment tool that offers a full range of quality assessments from software applications to functional job skills.
- Microsoft classes are introductions to such applications as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. It is recommended that participants be comfortable with basic computer functions. All Microsoft applications are version 2010.
- Intro to Computers is a basic overview of how a computer works and how to use the Windows operating system. This class also provides an introduction to the internet and internet-based e-mail applications.
- QuickBooks reviews functions and features of QuickBooks, including accounts, lists, customers, vendors, sales tax, invoicing, inventory, reporting, and more. Classes are offered on computers running Windows 7 operating system.
Professional Effectiveness Program (PEP)
PEP classes feature practical, state-of-the-art techniques, interactive exercises, and immediately useful tools in the areas of communicating, team building, and problem solving:
- Learn communicating skills that will help you resolve problems, respectfully present your point of view and listen to others.
- Enhance your ability to give and receive feedback.
- Learn facilitation skills to improve team dynamics and increase productivity.
- Apply collaboration and consensus building techniques used in high-performance teams.
- Learn skills to analyze and creatively solve problems in a team setting.
Local employers hold information sessions and recruitments onsite at the CONNECT Job Seeker Center.
ProMatch is an interactive career center and networking program providing resources for professionals to make connections and engage in a proactive and successful job search. For additional information about ProMatch, click here.
The Sunnyvale office has specially trained staff to ensure veterans of the U.S. armed forces receive maximum employment and training opportunities. Services can include counseling, labor market information, job referrals, job search workshops, job development with potential employers, and referrals to other veteran services. All veterans are eligible for the Veterans Intensive Program. Special assistance is available for veterans with service connected disabilities. For additional information about services for veterans, click here.
CONNECT Job Seeker Center has a variety of assistive technologies for individuals with disabilities, including:
- Closed-circuit television
- Induction Loop amplification system
- Closed-caption job-search videos
- Accessible computer workstations
- Text screen-magnifier software
- Alternative typing software