The Gold Card is a new employment initiative providing unemployed post-9/11-era veterans with job search services needed to succeed in today’s job market.
An eligible veteran can present the Gold Card to staff at our NOVA Job Center, register at NOVA Job Center, and receive employment services including:
- job readiness assessment;
- career guidance to help make good training and career decisions;
- labor market, occupational, and skills transferability information that inform educational, training, and occupational decisions;
- referrals to job banks, job portals, and job openings;
- referrals to employers and registered apprenticeship sponsors;
- referrals to training; and
- monthly follow-up by an assigned case manager for up to six months.
More Information about Gold Card Services can be found at www.dol.gov/vets/goldcard.html
Helpful Online Tools for Veterans
- Self-service career exploration tool customized for veterans
- Enhanced look-up by branch of service and military code or title
- Translate military occupation to civilian careers for job search and resume-writing
- Find related training and job listings
This site provides resources for employment, training and financial help after military service.