CONNECT receives state and federal funding to provide employment services at no cost for individuals who are at least 18 years of age, and have the right to work in the United States.
To register for CONNECT services:
- Attend "Power Up Your Job Search and Registration." This session will give you an overview of the job search process, the services at CONNECT, and helpful tools to get the best results from your job search. You may call to reserve your place at one of the following sessions (408-730-7232), or stop by 15 minutes before a session to see if space is available.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays*: 9:00 - 11:30
- Tuesdays, Thursdays: 1:00 - 3:30
* Please Note: One Friday a month, the CONNECT Job Seeker Center opens at 10:30 AM, and the Power Up Your Job Search and Registration is scheduled for 1:00-3:30 PM.
Below is the list of Fridays in 2013 when the Power Up Your Job Search is scheduled for 1:00-3:30 PM:
2. Meet with a Career Advisor for a “Welcome Appointment”
to discuss your individual job search needs and develop a customized job search plan. After this initial appointment, you are welcome to meet with our Career Advisors as often as you like for help with your resume, cover letter, job search strategy, interview practice, etc.
What documents should I bring?
Current proof of your right to work in the U.S. (original unexpired documents).
Click this link for complete list.
Some examples of documentation include:
If these situations apply to you, you will also need to bring the following items:
- Drivers License and Social Security card or U.S. Passport
- Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization containing photo
Were you laid off from your job?
Please bring documentation of your last day worked:
- Letter on company letterhead indicating last day worked or
- EDD Notice of Unemployment Insurance claim filed (Sample)
Are you eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits?
- U.I. check stub showing balance or
- EDD Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award, exhaustion of benefits (Sample)
Are you a male born after January 1, 1960?
- You may be asked to provide documentation of selective service registration.
Are you a veteran?
- Please bring documentation from Department of Defense such as DD-214.