How to Access Services

NOVA Job Center receives Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds and other state and federal grants to provide employment services at no cost for individuals who are at least 18 years of age, have the right to work in the United States, and meet program eligibility criteria.

The first step in the process to become a NOVA Job Center member is to attend the Power Up Your Job Search and Registration session. This is a 2.5-hour session offered each weekday. Call NOVA's main line at 408-730-7232 or visit the NOVA Job Center to sign up for the next available session.

Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the start time to complete paperwork. Late arrivals will be scheduled for another orientation.

Once your registration paperwork is complete, you will be invited to meet with a career advisor to begin developing your customized job-search plan.

Documents to Bring for Registration

Plan on bringing documents to your Power Up Your Job Search and Registration session. These documents are used to verify your eligibility for different programs and services provided at the NOVA Job Center.

Some examples of documentation that will be needed. If these or other documents are still needed to complete your eligibility for services, NOVA staff will inform you of this during or after your registration session.

  1. Current proof of your right to work in the U.S. (original unexpired documents). 
    • Driver license and Social Security card
    • U.S. Passport
    • Permanent Resident Card
    • Employment authorization (containing photo)

If any of the situations below apply to you, you will also need to bring the respective items: 

Were you laid off from your job?


        Bring documentation of your last day worked, in the form of:
      • Letter on company letterhead indicating last day worked or
      • EDD Notice of Unemployment Insurance claim filed

Are you eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits?

      • U.I. check stub showing balance or
      • EDD Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award

Are you receiving public assistance?

      • Notice of Action letter or
      • Benefits card

Are you a male born after January 1, 1960?

      • You may be asked to provide documentation of Selective Service registration.

Are you a U.S. veteran?

      • Please bring documentation from Department of Defense, such as DD-214.