On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program
Finding and hiring good employees with the right skill sets can be challenging. In many cases, candidates may have the right combination of enthusiasm and ability but lack some of the specific skills you need for your business to thrive. NOVA’s On-the-Job Training (OJT) program can help your business invest in a great candidate and transform him or her into a productive and profitable employee. By hiring and training a NOVA job seeker, you may be eligible for a 50% wage reimbursement for the time it takes your new employee to learn the skills necessary for the job.
What is On-the-Job Training?
OJT is training conducted by an employer for an individual while he or she works and learns the skills necessary for productive and satisfactory job performance. The job must be a permanent, direct hire working for at least 32 hours per week with wages based upon marketable skills and experience. An OJT can be developed for practically any position (e.g. administrative assistant, accountant, financial analyst, production support, sales representative, technician, and more).
NOVA’s OJT program is federally funded and provides employers with financial assistance for hiring and training NOVA job seekers. Upon completion of the training, you will have a well-trained employee vested in the success of your business.
- A great employee who is eager to learn the skills necessary for success
- An investment in your company
- 50% wage reimbursement to offset employee training costs
- Customized, hands-on training that you design
- No-cost bonding for up to $25,000 to cover your business for any potential damage or loss
- Additional tax incentives for businesses that qualify, such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and the San Jose Enterprise Zone credits
- Minimal paperwork
- In addition to these incentives, an OJT advisor will assist you in creating a comprehensive on-the-job training plan, and will also provide career coaching to the employee.
If you are interested in participating, an OJT advisor will be happy to discuss how your business could benefit from hiring a NOVA job seeker. Contact NOVA’s OJT program at (408) 730-7232 or email@example.com for more information.